1986-87 Post-Season and Off-season Schedule-TU-SA, 5/14-5/18 - Voting for 1986 Player Awards.
-SA, 5/18 – Final regular season games.
-SU, 5/19 - One-game playoffs for playoff berths, if needed; Day off for playoff teams to set rosters. Player Awards announced.
-MO, 5/20 - Division Championship games 1-4 in AL and NL; sims run at 7 am, noon, 6 pm and 10 pm (ET). Playoff teams given 2 days rest before start of DCS. (Any teams involved in one-game playoff only get 1 day of rest.)
- TU, 5/21 – DCS games 5-7 in AL and NL, as needed; sims at 7 am, noon and 6 pm (ET). (DCS games 1&2, 6&7 at home field of Division regular season leader. If tie for 1st, home field decided by head-to-head record or run differential, if head-to-head tied. Teams get 1 day rest for travel when a Series moves from one city to another.)
- WE, 5/22 – LCS games 1-4 in AL and NL; sims run at 7 am, noon, 6 pm and 10 pm (ET). Playoff teams given 2 days rest between end of DCS and the start of the LCS, plus extra days if a DCS does not go the full 5 games.
- TH, 5/23 – LCS games 5-7 in AL and NL, as needed; sims at 7 am, noon and 6 pm.
(LCS games 1&2, 6&7 at higher seeded team. Teams get 1 rest day for travel when a Series moves from one city to another. )
- FR, 5/24 – WS Games 1-4; sims at 7 am, noon, 6 pm and 10 pm (ET).
(NOTE: WS teams will be given 2 days rest between the end of the LCS and the start of the WS, plus extra days if an LCS does not go 7 games.)
-SA, 5/25 - WS Games 5-7, as needed; sims at 7 am, noon, 6 pm.
(WS games 1&2 and 6&7 at NL Park. Teams get 1 rest day for travel when Series moves from one city to the next).
- SU, 5/26 –10 pm ET deadline for signing rookies and unsigned free agents, and for signing players to a franchise or career contract. All players not under contract will be returned to FA pool after the 10 pm deadline. You may NOT exceed salary cap for upcoming year or successive years in signing players to contracts, and you may not exceed limit of 30 players under contract for any one season (see rules). Rookie listing on Rookie Holding Team cleared; rosters cleared; progression run; free agents moved to holding team; rookie list moved to free agent listing for ranking purposes prior to rookie draft. Draft room opened so that teams can begin selecting players for the Rookie Draft.
-MO, 5/27 – Day off to prepare rankings for Rookie Draft.
-TU, 5/28 - Rookie Draft concludes with live draft at 10 pm ET; 3 rounds total in 1987 draft; teams select in reverse order of finish; owners present for the draft will have 60 seconds to make a pick; owners not present will have picks made for them based on owner’s or computer’s ranking. When draft is concluded the Free Agent pool repopulated with unsigned free agents and rookies.
-WE-SA, 5/29-6/1 – Free Agent Bidding.
Free agent bidding will be over 4 days. All bids posted on a player will be posted each day so that everyone can see how everyone else is bidding. (Leading bid each day will include years/bid/raise (if any) and total. Other bids will just show total.) To win a player, you have to have the top bid for a 1-day period, from one update to the next. Bidding will close each day at 10 pm ET and if you are not outbid during the proceeding 24 hours, you win the player. If you are, you have the next period to re-up your bid. On the last day (Day 4), team with leading bid gets the player. On Day 2, or 3 or 4, if your bid was not the leading bid on a player you can choose not to re-bid and use that money on another player. But if yours is the leading bid, you can not alter or reduce that bid even if no one else is bidding. You also CAN NOT re-up your bid if you have the leading bid, except on the final day of bidding.
-SU, 6/2 - Day off to evaluate players left in free agent pool.
-MO, 6/3 - Supplemental Draft; live draft at 10 pm ET; 3 rounds; owners present for the draft will have 60 seconds to make a pick; owners not present will have picks made for them based on owner’s or computer’s ranking. When draft is concluded the Free Agent pool repopulated with unsigned free agents and rookies.
-TU, 6/4 –FA Pool opens to all teams at 10 pm ET; first-come, first-served; teams must fill rosters to minimums as per rules.
- WE, 6/5 – Day off to set rosters.
- TH-SU, 6/6-6/9 -- 1987 ST games begin; 24 games per team over 4 days; 1987 regular season to begin approximately TH, 6/13.
NOTE: Rookies and unsigned free agents currently on your roster that you wish to sign for 1987 must be signed by 10 pm ET Sunday, May 26. You may sign them using money for 1987 budget, but be careful not to exceed that budget, or the budget for future years. Once rosters are cleared and progressions are run in advance of the Drafts and FA bidding, team pages and contract pages will advance to reflect budgets for teams for 1988. DO NOT use those figures when bidding on free agents. Your cap money and money available for bidding will be listed on the home page. You CAN NOT exceed cap money available. Bids or signings that put you over cap will be disallowed. Also, signings that put you over the max of 30 contract players per team will be disallowed.