When the heck will games start?
Here is the order of events when a league is re-starting:
- After a season completes, owners have three full days to view the final results.
- After three days, any owner who has not been on the site in the past 30 days will be removed (non-keepers) or any owner who has not signed at least one keeper will be removed.
- Quick Draft: Once the league opens for re-draft, there is a 36-hour grace period so all existing owners have a chance to draft. (Keep in mind, even if all teams have drafted, the league won't start until 1.5 days after the draft opened.) After the grace period, nothing will happen until all teams have an owner. Once each team has an owner, all teams have two hours to complete their draft. If an owner does not complete the draft, that owner is booted and the team is open to the public.
- Daily Draft: Owners can start ranking players as soon as the league re-sets. Once the league fills, the first round will take place. Each round will take place every 8 hours until 23 rounds are done.
- Once all teams have an owner and all teams have drafted, the games will start in 24 hours. You'll see the approximate time for the first games on the league homepage.
In some cases, this process can take several days, especially if your league gets owners who join and then never complete the draft. Be patient, things will ge rolling eventually. Most of the time when I am asked, "When will games start?" the season has already begun or is about to.