This is a green alert test!!
This is a red alert test!!
This is a yellow test!!
1. DRAFT -- You are assigned a team as soon as you join the league. Click the "Draft My Team!" link from your My Team page. (The "My Team" link is in the top banner, just below the website logo.) The order in which teams draft is irrelevant since the draft is designed to be random. You will be presented with a handful of players to choose from at each position. Select one player from each group. After the selections, your roster is locked until the season starts. (Favorite Teams leagues have a different draft, see details on the draft page for more info if this is a Favorite Teams league.)
2. TEAM DETAILS -- Be sure to modify any team details, such as Name, Logo, Park, etc. before the league fills and the season starts. Team details will lock about one week into the season.
3. SEASON START -- After the final team joins and drafts, games will begin soon, and you will be notified by email. Be sure to set your lineup, strategy and team details if you haven't done so already.
4. FINAL ROSTER SIZE -- When the games begin, the roster limit will be set to a final 25 (free agency doesn't open until after Game 3). You MUST HAVE AT LEAST 11 POSITIONAL PLAYERS (NON-PITCHERS). If you do not, the webmaster must make changes to your roster in order to play the season.
5. STARTING PICTHERS -- It is highly recommended you carry five starters. Starters typically need four games to recover, and tired pitchers will suffer on the mound. ** You will not be able to change stats to a season where a starter pitched less than 85 innings. (You may see SPs with less than 85 innings in a single-season league, such as Best of 2012.)
6. TRANSACTIONS -- Teams can sign free agents after Game 3 to fill their 25-man roster. Teams cannot drop players until after Game 6 (see rule #7 for more details). Teams can make up to 25 trades, starting after Game 6. When trading, you can involve a maximum of 5 players from each team. These rules are in place to keep things fair since there is no commissioner watchdog overseeing the league. Please act responsibly. Heavy unfair trading or dropping star players could get you banned from the league.
7. SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT -- After the season starts, you can begin ranking free agents for the supplemental draft. The draft is a way to prevent one team from grabbing all the best remaining players. The draft takes place after Game 3, and owners will be notified of results by email. The draft is three rounds, and goes in reverse order of team strength as based on the CPU's calculation. If your roster is full, drafted players will be placed in your minor league system. You must rank players before Game 3 if you want to participate in the draft! After the draft, free agency is open. You can start dropping players after Game 6.
8. MINOR LEAGUES -- Once the Supplemental Draft is over, you'll have three spots in the minor leagues (10 spots for Favorite Teams leagues). You can add players until your minors is full, then you must drop a player before you can add a new one.
9. TRADING DEADLINE -- At the end of day 129, before the post-season, the Trade Center will close. Free Agency closes before the play-offs.
10. PLAYER HEALTH -- Positional players can get injured. You'll get an email when a positional player goes down for more than 2 games. The CPU will swap this player at game time if you haven't made adjustments to your lineup. Pitchers can get injured for up to 10 games.
11. SANDBAGGING -- Do not attempt to place players outside of their primary or secondary positions, or you will see a high error rate. A non-catcher playing catcher will allow your opponent to steal bases at will. Sandbag at your own risk!
12. TIEBREAKERS -- Head-to-head match up will be used where possible, otherwise team with highest Power Ranking wins. In case of more than two teams, Power Ranking will be used. (The only time a tie-breaker is NOT used is if a wild card is tied with a division winner. In that case, the division winner gets the higher seed.)
13. SCHEDULED OFF DAYS -- Teams will be granted three days off at mid-season, and two days off before the post-season starts. Playoff teams will be granted a day off after Game Four of each series, and two days off before the World Series. In 12-team leagues, teams that win their first round faster than the other series will be given as many extra days off as it takes the other series to finish.
14. POST-SEASON -- Division winners and one wild card reach the playoffs. The seeds are based on overall record, so that a wildcard could be ranked as high as the #2 seed. All series are best-of-seven in the 2-3-2 format.
15. QUIT LEAGUE -- Once a season starts, owners cannot quit until their team's season is over.
16. NEXT SEASON -- If this is a KEEPER league, you must sign at least one player to a contract before the season ends, or you'll be removed from the league. (See league homepage for more info.) If this is NOT a keeper league, all players will be removed from their roster a few days after the World Series is over. The league champ and award winners will be recorded in the user details.