Features of PennantChase.com
Most users play in automated public leagues.
These leagues are easy to jump in and play.
- Pick from a variety of leagues, featuring deadball to modern stats
- Enjoy two to three sims a day, with the ability for users to sim games every 8 hours
- 162-game schedules and wild-card playoffs
- Modify team name, ballpark and logo
- Offer, approve, reject trades
- View Box scores and replays of every game
- Track team power rankings
- View MVP & Cy Young candidates throughout season
- Adjust on-field strategy
- Modify lineups, rotation and bullpen
- Drop players and sign free agents
- Sign keepers to contract for subsequent seasons
- Ten seasons of historic stats kept for every league!
The really dedicated users can start private leagues with friends and use tools to customize the league in many ways:
- Structure your league with as many teams as you want in up to 8 different divisions
- Create, delete, modify players as you wish
- Choose a batch of players to start with or build from scratch
- Import any player or team from the history of baseball
- Create fictional rookie players with the click of a button
- Utilize your league’s draft room at any time – before, during, or after a season
- Create your own schedule
- Simulate games at your own pace, any time, day or night
- Archive up to 10 seasons and award post-season trophies
- Automate player aging and retiring between season
- Create team budgets and player contracts
Most importantly, the site is simple and easy to use. The simulations are based off real, tangible stats – not arbitrary ratings. And the stats are basic so that the sim results make sense. We’re not going waste our time with nonsense like, “How well does a batter hit on turf during the day against lefties?” If you’re looking for that level of stat geekiness, you won’t find it here. The philosophy is to keep it simple and fun. Obviously, the more time you invest, the better you will become at building a winning team. But you don’t necessarily have to spend hours and hours to be successful. And remember, it's about having some fun. In the end, plenty of "luck" is involved, so don't take it too seriously!
Admittedly, there are some limitations, and the biggest one right now is that this site only supports the DH. As you can imagine, there is a lot of complex logic involved in extending the simulator to support pitcher batting, and if I don’t have time to do it right, I don’t want to do it. The game is still fun and rewarding, even if you aren’t a huge fan of the DH. But this is something I hope to add in the future.
For even more info, check out the FAQ
PennantChase – great way to experience baseball online!
Here’s a review from our supporters over at PokerListings.com
– an online poker
: “After reviewing PennantChase, we find it to be a great
simulation game with so many great features!”